Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July Foot Sighting

So I was on vacation this Fourth of July and looking for a restaurant in a seaside town. It turned out to be closed but I saw this guy nearby, with his girlfriend, getting a snowcone. He was tall and well-built, with red-blond hair and a beard, and wore a forest green polo shirt, khakis, and tan shoes, which could have been boots. I had to get back to my car and was dismayed to see the guy walk down the stairs onto the sidewalk.

If I didn't act fast I'd never see him again, so I hurried after him. Did you see my coin where you were standing in line? (A good icebreaker.) No. Perhaps it might be stuck to one of your shoes? I doubt it, he said, lifting up one foot and then the other. They weren't boots but some kind of hiking shoe. He said they were New Balance. And he revealed his socks were white, ankle-high, with a red logo (Adidas?) When asked if they got hot, he said not too bad. Yet his sock looked dingy. 

I surmise he was over six feet tall and his feet were at least size twelve. But dang if I didn't have to get back to my car.

No comments: