http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-great-indoors/video/E5bO_ChmBFiLiulYOWn1e7h96P4IWmR7/the-great-indoors-pilot
If you were lucky enough to watch tonight's premiere of The Great Indoors, you got to see--a minute in--dorky-cute Clark show off his Moab hiking boots, the same ones his hero Jack called lifesavers when he was stranded in the Denali National park. Snarky Jack replies, "Oh, you do a lot of mountain climbing in midtown Chicago?" Clark: "None. My feet are crazy sweaty! C'mon."
Later, Jack is at the bar after a disastrous first day at work. [16:30] Clark approaches Jack, his boots in hand, and begins, "I heard you might be leaving and it was all my fault for crying, so I just wanted to say," Clark declares, "I do not deserve to walk in your shoes!" He plants his pair of boots firmly on the bar. Jack looks down. Clark is barefoot, giving his toes some much-needed air. "...[Y]ou should've brought a second pair of shoes," Jack says. Clark points out how valuable Jack is to the magazine: "You inspire people!" "Thank you for telling me that," Jack says, as he picks up the boots. "And look, these incredibly sweaty things are yours" (handing them back to Clark) "and you should wear them."
I give this episode three back-of-the-fist-biting Lennies for this boot talk alone. Let's hope there's more about Clark's--and Jack's--boots in future episodes.

No comments:
Post a Comment